Interview with DOPAG expert Guido Löhr about FIPFG
High cost-effectiveness and a wide range of applications for PU foam gaskets
Seals are used everywhere, in vehicles, electronics production or lights. In many cases, the seals are still inserted manually. However, automated application, the Formed-In-Place-Foam-Gasketing (FIPFG), offers many advantages.
In the case of a formed-in-place foam gasket (FIPFG), a highly reactive material is applied to a component automatically. The material, a polyurethane or a silicone, is metered and mixed using a dynamic mixing system and then applied along a contour. Following a reaction time defined by the material formulation, the material foams up and adheres to the component.
Form-In-Place-Foam Gasketing (FIPFG)
dynamic mixing with the dynamicLine
The PU gasket is applied with the dynamicLine from DOPAG. The dynamic mixing head processes the highly reactive material reliably and reproducibly, and a linear robot is then used to apply the seal.
Compared to manually inserted seals, there are numerous advantages, including time and cost savings as well as lower material consumption. The start and end points of the foam bead merge thanks to the controlled overlap programmed by DOPAG and there are no disadvantageous coupling points.
Learn all about Form-In-Place-Foam Gasketing (FIPFG) and how it’s already begun revolutionizing engineering industries and applications around the world.
借助 dynamicLine，DOPAG 为瑞士制造商 Tecnofil 的可回收 HEPA 过滤器提供了一种自动化且清洁的 PU 泡沫垫圈加装技术。
瑞士新锐公司 dhp technology 打造世界上首座可伸缩太阳能屋顶。每个模块均采用 DOPAG 分配技术制造而成。
对于这两种应用，DOPAG dynamicLine 系统均可胜任，为您实现高效、自动化的批量生产。
DOPAG 提供用于手动施涂润滑剂的专用分配站。可借助适配器为 O 型环和其他密封件手动施涂润滑油或润滑脂。
- For the production of plastic filter elements, DOPAG configured and automated metering and mixing system.
- DOPAG successfully supported a truck manufacturer with a dispensing system for the manual application of a single-component sealant.
- Valves for the spray application of grease and oil. Contactless application of lubricants in areas difficult to access.
- Precise potting of filters and filter elements is necessary for high safety and purity. DOPAG supported a global manufactuerer with individually configured metering and mixing systems.
- With the dynamicLine from DOPAG, customers will be able to implement gasketing and bonding applications with just one system.
The requirements for the type of lubricant dispensing vary and always depend on the application being carried out. Learn here more about the four key factors for successful system design!
- The membrane dispensing valve ensures a clean application and a high reliability in automated dosing processes.
- Using thermal gap fillers leads to more advanced metering technology requirements - learn more about the solutions from DOPAG.
- Compared to manually inserted seals, automatically applied PU gaskets offer many advantages.
- DOPAG presents the shot valve in a new video: It is perfectly suited for contactless material application in highly automated processes.
- The control cabinet manufacturer Fandis applies foam gaskets on various components. DOPAG has designed a FIPFG system for this application.
- DOPAG has developed two special lubricant application systems for the production of ball screws in automotive industry.
- The eldomix dispensing system fills material reservoirs of 3D printers with liquid printing technology.
- DOPAG provides automated potting solutions for variuos applications - two practical examples!
- CTO Daniel Geier talks in the interview about challenges in automated dispensing technology.
- DOPAG presents a production cell, that could be used for greasing and oiling applications. Disocver also valves for contactless material application.
- Metering and mixing systems are neccessary in various applications in rotor blade production. DOPAG presents its solutions.
- The household appliance manufacturer Amica uses an invidual glue dosing system from DOPAG for the production of oven doors.
With dynamicLine, the metering technology manufacturer DOPAG presents a new dynamic mixing system for a wide range of applications.
DOPAG developed a special dosing system for the automated lubrication of gas springs.
Individual grease and adhesive dispensing systems from DOPAG guarantee highest quality electric parking brakes.